Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Guidelines Don't Count On Holiday Weekends

I really do try to write at least six words (plus commentary) each day, but let's face it, when you're kicking back in a cabin with spotty internet access, blogging and most other aspects of every day life go out the window (except for eating and sleeping--I tend to do more of those when I'm up there). In other words, I'm sorry to have neglected you fine folks for a few days, but for once I had a good reason instead of a bad excuse.

And while we're on the subject of mountain cabins, let me just say that I can see why ancient prophets headed to the mountains to commune with God. Whenever we go up there the bustle and stress of life seems to stay behind, and there are fewer distractions from what really matters. I always seem to spend less time doing and more time thinking, or just being.

3 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Yes. Yes. And one more yes.

(Those are my six words of agreement about temples= mountains. I know that I didn't want to be married anywhere but the temple, but it is hard to believe those sacred rites can't be performed in such "holy" places. Okay, I'm done sacriliging. And making up words.)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Welcome back to town, STM. [grin]

Jodi Jean said...

glad you had a relaxing weekend, its nice to get away from technology every once in a while!