Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cacoughony*

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . my respiratory system trying to turn itself inside out every few minutes. I realize that coughing plays a practical, even vital role, and that if my body couldn't do it my condition would quickly become worse, if not fatal. Still, I look forward to the day when my body won't need to go into convulsive fits of coughing several times an hour.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . cuddling with the kids. Daniel's nearly better and Joy's on the mend, but both still want lots of hugs, and that's fine by me.

And another thing . . .

. . . until this recent family illness, I hadn't realized the enormous power of suggestion where coughs are concerned. Just as we often yawn when we see someone else do it, I've noticed that when anyone in our family begins to cough, another person soon joins them and soon we have a whole coughing chorus.

*Don't worry--I know it's really spelled "cacophony."

No comments: