Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Milano Test

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel throwing a bar of soap on my foot. He is developing a pretty good arm, which is great, but it can be hard to communicate to him which objects should be thrown at which other objects.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching Daniel hold our building's front gate open for neighbors as they came and went. Very gentlemanly of him.

. . . watching Joy climb up a tree trunk all by herself. Practice does make perfect.

. . . singing a song an octave low at home evening. I don't want that to be a permanent thing, but it's fun for a change. Heck, it's fun to be able to sing at all after what I've been through lately.

And another thing . . .

. . . my nurse friend suggested that Joy and I try taking Mucinex for our miserable, wracking coughs. We bought some this morning, and it really has made a difference. We still cough a bit, but not as often and it doesn't feel like my respiratory track is trying to turn itself inside out.

Just to be sure things were better, I decided to try the Milano Test. Phillip bought a bag of Mint Milano cookies a few days ago, and every time I've bitten into one I've immediately erupted into a fit of coughing (perhaps due to cookie dust, or simply because coughs are killjoys). This afternoon I removed a cookie from the package, cautiously took a bite, and . . . my lungs just kept right on breathing as if they'd never heard of coughs. Huzzah!

Of course, since no experiment is truly valid unless you can replicate it, I ate another cookie just to be sure.

No comments: