Friday, February 25, 2011

Daddy Dishes and Scratchy Notes

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . feeling bleh all day. I suspect it is due to pregnant hormones more than the pesky virus.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Daddy volunteering to do the dishes because he could see I wasn't feeling well. Bless him.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy has decided her hands are bugs that like to crawl around on things. This morning she told me that her right hand is mother bug, and her left hand is father bug. I guess mother really is always right. ;)

. . . Joy has begun showing increased interest in the piano. She likes me to stand next to her and tell her, note by note, how to play whatever song she has opened to in the hymnbook. She calls sharp notes “scratchy notes,” which is cute.

So far I’ve just been telling her the melody note for the right hand, but this afternoon she observed that “father bug” (her left hand) wanted to be involved, too. I started giving her a left hand note to accompany the melody here and there. I’m sure it’s good for her musical development, but it takes about four times longer for her to mentally process multiple notes at once.

No comments: