Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day and Thanksgiving

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . realizing that I'm coming down with a cold, in addition to my persistent cough. Sheesh.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . celebrating Valentine's Day with heart-shaped pancakes for dinner, and Pink Grandma's personalized Valentine cookies for our FHE treat. I also stuck notes all over the house telling my husband lots of reasons why I love him.

. . . reading a quote from President Hinckley (cited by President Monson here) that it's hard to be self-centered when you have a spirit of gratitude. It really is true. Since I'm sick and getting sicker, I was often tempted to feel sorry for myself today. Every time I remembered to think about all I have to be grateful for, I truly did feel better.

No comments: