Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Murphy's Morning

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy waking up at 5:30am with a barking, croupy cough.

. . . Daniel spitting up.

. . . me coughing so hard I strained my back.

. . . my back hurting every single time I coughed.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . when my busy husband with a pressing deadline offered to stay home and help today.

. . . writing a note to woman I visit teach. It's funny how serving someone else can ease your own burden, at least for a little while.

And another thing . . .

. . . at Cathy's suggestion I tried some chamomile herbal tea in hot apple juice with some honey. It really did make my throat feel better, and it didn't taste as bad as I expected it to (though I did use just one tea bag instead of the three she uses). It just tasted . . . a little weird. It tasted and felt like I had dissolved a small pat of butter in some apple juice.

No comments: