Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Books and Brownies

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . doing lots of fun things to celebrate Joy's birthday. I made a little sign for our front door, baked brownies with her, let her choose what we had for dinner (hamburgers), then hosted a little party with extended family. I enjoyed doing things to make her feel special on her special day.

And another thing . . .

. . . while we were baking brownies, Joy commented that she is very careful with eggs as she lifted one out of the carton. A split second later she dropped it. Fortunately the carton was just a couple inches below, so there was no harm done.

. . . this morning I came across this cool tradition for promoting reading among kids. The idea is that on Christmas Eve you wrap a book and place it at the foot of your child's bed, so it is the first gift they wake up to on Christmas morning. I love that idea, and I may even try doing it this year.

No comments: