Sunday, December 11, 2011

Waffles and a Wreath

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . trying to plan next week's groceries while Joy asks me a hundred questions. I usually try to plan at night after she's in bed, but I've had to postpone it so many times lately that it was now or never.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . feeling Anna's fuzzy hair.

. . . making Daniel giggle.

. . . working in the borrowed garden with Joy.

. . . kissing my sweet husband.

. . . buying a wreath, and smelling its fresh, piney scent as I walked in our front door this evening.

. . . visiting Pink Grandma and Aunt Laura, and eating on of my favorite meals: belgian waffles with whipped cream, fresh berries, and a little maple syrup. Mmmmm.

And another thing . . .

. . . the other day Joy asked me what first grade is. I answered her question, and we eventually wound up talking about college. I told her college was my favorite kind of school because there are so many interesting things you can choose to study. She said she thinks she'll like college, too. The next day she commented that she wants to take a class on folding blankets correctly.

No comments: