Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas and Easter

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . when Phillip suddenly stopped accompanying a musical number I was singing in church. For some inexplicable reason, the third page of music was missing from his music stand. I handed him my copy and finished the song.

. . . Anna having an epic blowout.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . wishing friends Merry Christmas at church.

. . . my family enjoying the presents I gave them.

And another thing . . .

. . . in church today, a speaker shared President Hinckley's observation that "There would be no Christmas if there had not been Easter. The babe Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the Resurrection." As beautiful and inspiring as the Nativity story is, it only really matters because Jesus came to fulfill His mission thirty-three years later, to make it possible for us to go Home. Christ Himself is the greatest gift of Christmas, and I'm grateful for the matchless gift He gave us that first Easter morning.

No comments: