Monday, December 12, 2011

Variations on an Uno Theme

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Anna woke up every hour or two. Perhaps it was because we were both so tired that we’d fall asleep as she was nursing and she wouldn’t get enough to fill her tummy, so she’d wake up hungry soon afterward. I could barely drag myself out of bed in the morning, but once I got going I was fine. I wasn’t thrilled when the big kids woke me up, but it’s a good thing they did or we would have missed church.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . taking a nap.

And another thing . . .

. . . a family from church visited us this afternoon, and their boys got excited when they saw our pack of Uno cards. Soon the two boys and Joy had started a lively game, and Joy made the unsettling discovery we all make at some point: games may come with official, printed rules, but every family plays them differently.

No comments: