Friday, December 23, 2011

Chips and Vixens

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . looking at the Candyland game I ordered for my five-year-old daughter, and noticing that they've "updated" the illustrations to include a sultry princess with a "come hither" look on her face. We're talking Barbie meets Bratz meets some vixen from the red light district. Seriously? I'm tempted to return it and search the net for an older version of the game, but tomorrow's Christmas Eve and there's no way a replacement would arrive in time. Still, I'm not sure I want to give my sweet daughter a game which teaches that princesses are skanky supermodels who go ice skating half dressed. Grrrrrr...

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . getting my hair cut. It's nice to have my hair look like a style again.

. . . playing around with my giggly little son.

. . . mixing up another batch of gingerbread dough.

And another thing . . .

. . . Lately I've been thinking about a quote I saw on Pinterest. Part of it reads: "Friends let you have the last chip. . . . Best friends grab the last chip and yell 'Sucker! Haha!'" I often take things too seriously, and this quote reminds me that it's OK if my kids are a bit feisty sometimes. Part of being in a loving family is feeling safe to be a little mischievous or silly now and then.

No comments: