Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gifts, Grins, and Soap

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . discovering that I had left a bottle of liquid bath soap open, and it somehow tipped over and spilled all over the tile floor. I hate wasting things. On the bright side, that corner of the bathroom is now uber clean.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Phillip watching the kids so I could get a ton of things done today.

. . . getting nearly all our presents purchased. I'm really excited to give some of them.

. . . exchanging grins with Anna.

. . . chatting with my husband.

And another thing . . .

. . . I really want to make Christmas a fun, inspiring time for my kids. Every year I hear about more great traditions people have and I'm tempted to incorporate some of them, but I worry we'll end up with tradition overkill if I'm not careful. I'm still trying to find a good balance of traditions that is fun, reminds us to be reverent, inspires us to be generous, and doesn't stress me out as I try to pull it all off.

No comments: