Monday, December 19, 2011

A Witch and a Pinwheel

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . being a grouchy witch this morning. Even I didn't want to be around me, but I couldn't seem to muster the mental and emotional strength to break the vicious cycle. I prayed desperately for help, and as I humbled myself the Lord helped me gradually turn things around. By lunchtime we were having a pretty good day.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . dancing with Anna.

. . . eating chocolate zucchini bread with Joy.

. . . coloring with Daniel. I gave him a high five after he colored part of a dinosaur, then he wanted another high five every time he colored another portion of it.

. . . putting a pinwheel at the top of our Christmas tree because I can’t find a tree topper I like.

And another thing . . .

. . . having a new baby with two young siblings has seriously complicated my life, increased my stress, and impeded my ability to get things done, but some of my most genuinely happy moments each day involve little Anna. Parenthood really is the best and worst of times.

. . . Joy and I worked on a little puzzle together this afternoon, and its picture of Mickey and Minnie elicited some interesting questions: "Why do they wear gloves (and why does Donald not wear them)? Why are their faces a different color than their bodies? Why don’t they have hair? Why are they mice? "

No comments: