Thursday, August 11, 2011

At Least Dessert Was Good

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . making a very bland stir-fry for dinner.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing a glowing recommendation of a local pediatrician who's actually accepting new patients. Hopefully this one will work out for us.

. . . baking some cookies Joy requested (the recipe is in her coloring book), and discovering that sugar cookies with nutmeg actually taste good. Who knew?

And another thing . . .

. . . it feels like there are a million things to get done before Baby Girl arrives in the coming weeks. I'm not even talking about Baby-related tasks--most of those are taken care of already. I mean preschool stuff, church stuff, house stuff, and a bunch of miscellaneous things I want to get done before my life gets turned upside down. This morning I finally made a list of everything, and though it's daunting on paper at least I can now prioritize it, hammer away at it, and cross things off when I'm done. Somehow things are always more stressful when they're just swirling frantically around in my head.

No comments: