Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sweet Words and a Helping Hand

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . a friend asking if Joy would like to come to the playground with her and her kids this afternoon. Joy replied, "If you're going somewhere, and you ask if I want to come, the answer will always be yes."

. . . Joy reading books to her little brother.

. . . Daniel saying "wah-wah" for water when I waited for him to request the drink by name. That in itself was a big step for him, but it then got better. He grinned, pointed to to his sister, and said, "Die-die" (his word for Joy). He has said her name a few times when we prompted him to, but that's the first time I can recall him saying a name out of the blue and of his own accord.

. . . Phillip keeping me company while I washed dishes, and agreeing to clean the last dozen when I just got too worn out.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Mikey is also really good about helping me out. At one point, he even said that he didn't mind doing the majority of the housework. Of course I'm going to help, but I feel so blessed to have such an engaged and helpful partner.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Amen.