Sunday, August 7, 2011

Laughs, La-Las, and the Endless To-Do List

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel laughing a lot while we played.

. . . Joy giving me (and my tummy) lots of hugs and kisses.

. . . hearing Daniel use his new favorite word ("la-la" - light), a bunch while we walked in from the car this evening.

. . . drinking homemade banana-orange juice (with a little vanilla yogurt mixed in) with dinner. We really should make two batches next time.

And another thing . . .

. . . Phillip took charge of the kids today while I ran a bunch of errands and got a lot done around the house. It was great to get so much accomplished, but also stressful as I realized that completing some tasks just opened the door to others. I bought thank you notes I now need to write, sheets I need to wash, picture frames I need to hang, and a storage container I need to return because it's too small. And my desk is still a mess, cluttered with half-finished projects and recipes I intend to try. Sigh - in life there's no such thing as "done."

No comments: