Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bouncy Breakfast

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . bouncing on my exercise ball during breakfast to keep my fussy baby content. Eating oatmeal whilst bouncing upon a big plastic ball is not as difficult as one might think, but drinking orange juice was a challenge.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . checking out all the creative costumes at a community Halloween party.

. . . fixing a very bland soup.

. . . giving my baby corny nicknames like Kick-A-Foot, Cuddlebug, and Little Fuzzy (because her hair is fuzzy, and I love feeling it against my cheek; Daniel likes to rub his nose in it).

. . . hugging my husband.

And another thing . . .

. . . Daniel is learning a lot of new words and sounds, and for the most part I encourage him to say things correctly, but I find myself reluctant to phase out some of the random toddler words from the days when he first started talking. I know that someday he needs to learn to say green, orange, and yes properly, but I'll still feel a bit wistful when he stops pronouncing them nee-nee, jar-jar, and nuh.

. . . yesterday I heard that the city officials in L.A. may ask the local Occupy Wall Street protestors to vacate city property. Apparently there are sanitation issues at their encampment, and the lawn and trees are starting to die because the city has thoughtfully turned off the sprinklers. Also, as one city official pointed out, the mayor and city council can't actually do anything about Wall Street, so it might make more sense for the protestors to do something that will more directly help their cause. The whole business, reminds me of a snarky editorial I recently read about people's desire to "do something" when they're actually doing nothing. Perhaps the OWS folks should pull up stakes and vow to move their bank accounts on November 5.

2 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

For the juice . . . maybe a straw?

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I'd probably poke myself in the eye with it. ;(