Saturday, October 8, 2011

Christians and a Flu Shot

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . my arm being sore from the flu shot I got this evening.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Daniel inviting me to sit next to him so he could tell me that he has two eyes and two feet.

. . . the times I parented positively and effectively, instead of just reacting. Today was a much better day than yesterday. I think it helped that I got more sleep last night, and did much more praying today. I asked for God's help more fervently because I was so keenly aware of how much I needed it.

And another thing . . .

. . . This evening I indulged in reading a few blog posts. One of them was STM’s in which she linked to a thoughtful post by a non-LDS Christian. The woman recalled how fellow Christians in high school spoke derisively of Mormons, but her experiences as an adult taught her that Mormons are generally good people who share many of her values, and that it would be better to learn from and draw strength from each other rather than focusing on our differences.

It was lovely to read the warmth and respect the author and many of her commenters feel for Mormons and for each other. They are Christians in the true sense of the word. I hope I am, too.

No comments: