Friday, October 28, 2011

Good Takeout, Bad Directions

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . driving 80% of the way to an appointment before remembering that my doctor recently moved her office to a different city in the opposite direction.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . buying Menchie's takeout for two on my way home from a meeting. It was fun to see the look of delighted surprise on Phillip's face when I set two bowls of fro yo down on the table.

And another thing . . .


. . . after reading about some pioneer women this afternoon, I am so grateful to live in an age when living conditions and medical advancements make infant mortality very rare. On the other hand, as my kids get older they will face greater moral dangers than they might have in other eras. I'm grateful that God loves us enough to teach us how to navigate these troubled waters, and I pray I'll do a good job of passing that knowledge and love on to my children.

No comments: