Friday, October 21, 2011

Singing Grandmas and What's-Her-Name

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Pink Grandma coming over to visit and share some more musical videos she's made. They included Teddy Bear's Picnic, which she did as a favor for me. My mom used to sing it as she read a picture book, and it was fun to hear it again all these years later.

. . . the planets aligning so I could bake bread and prepare dinner. It felt good to take some time to cook an actual meal, rather than just throwing something together at the last minute.

. . . hearing Daniel laugh.

And another thing . . .

. . . sometimes Joy chides me for forgetting to address her by her latest pretend name (e.g. Curious George, Chloe the Dog, etc.). I usually tell her that I forget because the name changes so often, whereupon she vows that she will never change it again. That usually lasts about an hour.

No comments: