Monday, October 31, 2011

Cartoons and Pumpkins

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . watching Joy sing in the Primary program. Occasionally she became distracted and stopped singing along, whereupon Phillip and I started mouthing the words (if we knew them) in the hope that she would see us and start singing again. Sometimes it worked. Even when it didn't, it was fun to watch her.

. . . a pumpkin carving party at my parents' house. Joy and I collaborated--she told me what she wanted, and I made it so.

And another thing . . .

. . . at church a couple women encouraged me to check out pinterest.com. They said it had tons of craft ideas, recipes, organizing tips, etc. They also said it is easy to spend hours there, and wonder where the time went when you finally resurface. The last thing I need in my life is another time sucker, but against my better judgment I decided to check it out. It seems like a bunch of pleasant randomness. I chuckled at a couple cartoons (this one and that one), then shut the page before I could find anything I couldn't tear myself away from. Maybe I'll revisit the site again, but I think it would probably be asking for trouble when I already have so little time to spare.

1 comment:

ruma said...

Hello, Kimberly Bluestocking.

The excellent and lovely work.

The season of colored leaves, heartwarming atmosphere

The prayer for all peace.
from Japan, ruma ❀