Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Treats and Lockdown

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . waking up exhausted because I stayed up too late again. I finally asked Phillip to rig the computer to start shutting down at 11pm again, to minimize the temptation to stay up late.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . attending a short Halloween program at Joy's preschool. The kids filed in wearing their costumes, then sang a couple songs and made spooky sound effects while Joy's teacher read a (very slightly) scary story.

. . . taking the kids trick-or-treating. I took Joy and Daniel to a few houses on our block, and people were very generous (partly because so few children knock on our doors around here, so the residents had plenty of candy to share). As I walked home, I reflected that generosity is yet another thing to love about Halloween.

. . . seeing Anna smile.

No comments: