Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gamma Lids and Jeans

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel sticking a Cheerio halfway up his nose. Ew.

. . . shopping for jeans. Every brand seems to have a dozen different variations to choose from, and none of them seem to come in my size.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . finally putting wheat and flour into some five-gallon buckets I recently bought. It was a really struggle to get the lids on. Thank goodness someone turned me on to gamma lids, so I'll never have to pry the main lid off again.

. . . helping my kids figure out how to resolve a conflict on their own. Lately I've been reading Siblings Without Rivalry, which is an interesting read and seems to have a lot of good insights. Among other things, the authors encourage parents to have kids resolve their own conflicts most of the time. This afternoon when Joy wanted a cereal box to stand up and Daniel wanted it to lay on its side, they yelled for me to mediate and I encouraged them to work out a solution they could both live with. Joy suggested that it stay up most of the time, and they'd put it on its side when Daniel wanted to get cereal out to snack on. Daniel was perfectly happy with that proposition. Cool.

No comments: