Thursday, November 10, 2011

Schizophrenic Soup

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel tearing a page out of one of our picture books.

. . . cooking what turned out to be one of the blandest, most disappointing recipes I've tried in years. I spent twenty minutes stirring more and more things into it just to make it palatable. When we finally sat down to dinner, Phillip and I agreed that the soup was good, but it had so many random flavors in it that it seemed kind of schizophrenic.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . playing a game with Joy.

. . . making a good smoothie.

And another thing . . .

. . . Daniel's language skills are progressing by leaps and bounds. This morning he referred to himself and his little sister as "Danyo" and "Anna" instead of "Da-da" and "Mih-mih." I'm proud of him, but I'll miss hearing him call his sister Mih-mih. I may keep doing it for a few more years.

No comments: