Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dinner Questions

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . eating fresh, homemade bread.

. . . watching Anna smile and kick her feet.

. . . finally planning dinners and a grocery list for the coming week. I'm still trying to figure out how to consistently get dinner on the table. If I wait until Anna goes to bed at 7:30 to start cooking, we don't sit down to eat until the big kids' bedtime. I'm sure I'll figure it out, just in time for everything to change. Ah well--I keep trying to remind myself that someday I'll look back and miss these days.

. . . talking about our favorite memories of the day over dinner.

And another thing . . .

. . . this evening I got to talking with another mom about the pressure we feel to make the holidays creative and fun for our kids. While it's great to have traditions and make fun memories, sometimes less really is more. My kids need my love and attention more than they need a half dozen crafts or parties with a stressed out parent.

No comments: