Monday, November 7, 2011

Daughters

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . hanging out with Pink Grandma and Aunt Laura.

. . . seeing Anna smile.

And another thing . . .

. . . it was a little surreal to look at Anna while Phillip held her in church and Pink Grandma held her this afternoon. Most of the time when Anna is awake she's in my arms or the sling, with her face just a few inches from mine. Somehow she looks a little different when she's across the room from me.

. . . this morning in Relief Society I taught a lesson about the new book Daughters in My Kingdom, a history of Relief Society recently published by the Church and distributed to every sister who wanted a copy. Apart from being an interesting read, it made me feel that I have a rich heritage of love and service to live up to. I'm grateful for the way RS has enriched me over the years, and the way it constantly encourages me to look outside myself for ways to lift others. That still doesn't come naturally to me by any stretch, but as Emerson said, that which we persist in doing becomes easier.

No comments: