Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fruity Pasta and Anna Smiles

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel deciding to cool down his macaroni by pouring smoothie into his bowl. I let out a howl of dismay at the tragic waste of a smoothie, but once I calmed down I realized that when we drained most of the liquid back into his cup he was perfectly content to eat fruity pasta and drink slightly cheesy smoothie. Phillip commented, "Nothing personal, but you sometimes overreact." Sigh--it's true, especially where spilled smoothies are concerned.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . seeing some garlic shoots coming up in the borrowed garden.

. . . gazing at a planet through the boughs of a tall pine tree. I think the planet was Mars.

. . . some neighbors inviting us to a play group.

. . . watching Anna stare in fascination at her own hands.

. . . hearing Daniel call his smoothie a "foofie."

. . . seeing Anna respond to my smiles by smiling back. Moments like that are pure gold.

. . . having a silly conversation with Daniel. He would say "Y!" in reference to the Y on my BYU shirt, and I would reply "I don't know!" We both thought it was hilarious, even the tenth time around.

No comments: