Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Naps Good, Cabin Fever Bad

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . thinking my computer was on the fritz because I couldn't type anything in a spreadsheet. Then I realized my son had turned off Number Lock when he was tinkering with the keyboard earlier. Whew/duh.

. . . trying to think of ways to keep three kids and me from going stir crazy after we've been together for hours on end. I'm sure it will be easier down the road when Anna's schedule is more flexible and she wants to do something other than recline in my arms all the time.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing Anna breathe as she napped against my shoulder.

. . . Daniel laughing uproariously as I helped him stay atop the big exercise ball.

. . . the smell of baking bread.

. . . Anna taking a long nap this afternoon. Yessss.

And another thing . . .

. . . I got to talking with a Mexican this morning about the thousands of people who have died in the recent drug wars in his country. Until this morning, I had always assumed God gave us the Word of Wisdom to spare individuals and their families from the blight of addictions. Today I realized that, as President Hinckley noted, there would be far less suffering in many areas of the world if all people heeded God's counsel to avoid drugs and treat their bodies like the temples they are.

No comments: