Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vampire Beetles and Erupting Water

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Anna waking up early during naptime. Having my baby unexpectedly wake up while her siblings are napping is like getting your tax return, then backing your car into a light pole. Sigh . . . I had big plans for naptime, little baby.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . seeing a vampire ladybug in one of our Halloween books. The writing is just decent, but the illustrations crack me up.

. . . sitting on the couch hugging my husband. It's been a busy week, and it was wonderful to finally share some quiet time together.

And another thing . . .

. . . this evening Joy decided to express her affection for me with a kiss, then Daniel chose to express his affection by clobbering both of us with the exercise ball. Yes indeed, boys and girls are very different.

. . . I read today that if you microwave water for a long time in the right conditions, it can actually explode. I could have sworn that happened once in our microwave a few years ago, but it's never happened again and for a while I thought I'd imagined it. Snopes says it really can happen, though, which is both reassuring (I'm not crazy) and unsettling (who wants superheated water erupting in their kitchen?). Take home message: don't microwave water longer than you need to.

No comments: