Friday, October 7, 2011

Yes, I Am A Geek

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . most of this day, for a hundred little reasons. I won't waste your time with the details. Let's just say I'm looking forward to going to sleep and starting fresh tomorrow.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . listening to Joy making up a song on our walk home from the store.

. . . snuggling Anna. Babies are even more comforting than teddy bears.

. . . hugging my husband when he got home tonight. Husbands are very comforting, too.

. . . discovering that Wikipedia has a big entry devoted entirely to "Spider-Man's powers and equipment."

And another thing . . .

. . . I seem to be developing a sort of Spidey Sense about Daniel. I can usually tell he's about to throw something a few moments before he actually hurls it across the room (which happens countless times each day). We should have named that boy Chuck.

. . . I heard a mom call her child "Precious" this morning. I don't think I could ever use that word as a nickname; I've read/watched Lord of the Rings too many times to hear it without thinking of Gollum.

No comments: