Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Almost Autumn

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . cuddling Anna.

. . . watching Joy and Daniel play follow-the-leader in the store this morning. It's so fun to watch them play together. Of course, they were like gas and matches after naptime, but we won't talk about that.

. . . chatting with a friend this afternoon. It was nice to just spend some time connecting with her while our kids played.

And another thing . . .

. . . I’m excited that it’s September and we’re quickly approaching autumn. I love the comfortable coolness of fall, and the way it always beckons me to fire up the oven and bake good things. I also love autumn because I associate it with the beginning of holiday season. Yes, summer has its share of holidays (including my birthday), but they aren’t the sort that involve fun decorations, family traditions, and a bit of magical fun. I don’t own any Labor Day decor, but I love decorating our apartment for Halloween and Christmas, and even the approach of the autumnal equinox makes my heart beat a little faster because it’s the inaugural day of pumpkin cookie season in our home.

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

Autumn is my favorite time of the year too. :)