Friday, September 2, 2011

Namaste

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . nursing. One side is doing OK, but the other one really, really hurts.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching my baby girl "smile" in her sleep.

. . . smiling in my sleep (while my mom took Joy and Daniel to the park - thanks, Mom).

. . . raising my arms up high to stretch my tired back, then glancing down to see Daniel doing the same stretch. Namaste.

And another thing . . .

. . . in a small way, the first days of nursing always give me a greater appreciation for the Atonement. Like the Savior, I endure intense pain on behalf of someone I love, who has no real comprehension of what I'm going through for them.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Oh! And regarding pain while nursing--I've had a kind of love-hate relationship with nursing (and was ready to quit at about two weeks in), but Liam does the funniest thing sometimes. He'll battle and buck, windmill his arm and bite down where he shouldn't bite down while he's eating until I feel like I'm under attack, but then just before he's finished, he gets this huge smile on his face. That makes it all worth it. Mostly. :)

I'm glad you're doing well and hope you get some rest (though I find that even with no other children to care for, that's in short supply).

Congratulations again. Love you, Kimmy!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Thanks, and good luck to you, too. :)