Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Running on Fumes with a Dead Battery

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . waking up at 7am feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. I'm sure I would have felt far worse if I'd gotten up at 5am, though (see below).

. . . working up the nerve to go to the store, then spending half an hour putting on kids' shoes and shepherding everyone out to (and into) our vehicle, only to discover that three lights were left on inside it and the battery was dead. Siiiiiigh.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . my dear husband taking charge of Anna at 5am so I could sleep a little more.

. . . our Korean neighbor kindly trying to resuscitate our unresponsive car.

. . . Joy helping me knock down all the water bottle bowling pins for our home evening activity.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy asked me to take turns finding a hidden toy this morning. The first time she found it, she told me she scored 100 points. The next time, she said she scored 800 points. She never bothered to tell me how many points I got (perhaps it was my job to calculate and verbalize that information). Needless to say, Joy won that game.

No comments: