Friday, September 9, 2011

Big Kids, Tiny Berries

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . getting a wicked cramp in my leg as I was sleepily stretching in bed this morning.

. . . trying to fix lunch right when Anna decided to start crying for no apparent reason.

. . . Phillip having to stay really late on campus. Eating dinner without my husband is kind of like trying to party if none of my guests showed up--it can be done, but it's hard to really put my heart into it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Joy helping me tidy up the room.

. . . getting a bunch of little tasks done this morning.

. . . hugging Daniel (he's getting so big - he looks less like a baby and more like a boy every day).

. . . Joy reading to Daniel and helping him pick (miniscule) strawberries to eat from our container garden.

. . . learning that a friend successfully defended her PhD dissertation today. It's been a long, rough road, and I'm thrilled for her.

No comments: