Saturday, September 17, 2011

Raspberries!

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . awaking at 5:30am to the sound of Anna snuffling and snorting as she struggled to breathe with a stuffy nose (courtesy of one of her adoring siblings, no doubt).

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . spending some time with just Daniel while Joy was at preschool and Anna napped. Since Joy constantly wants my attention and Daniel is usually content to play on his own, it has been hard for me to spend time with just him. I think it will be a good thing for us to have some one-on-one time on a regular basis this school year.

. . . noting that Daniel (like his mother) ignored every other component of tonight's fruit salad until the last raspberry was consumed.

. . . visiting with a cheerful, thoughtful woman who has a wonderful ability to warm hearts and lift spirits. When I grow up, I want to be like her.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

I'm curious if you were able to get some of the stuffiness out of her nose. Liam makes all kinds of grunts and groans and snorts and snuffles when he sleeps (less so now that he's older) and it generally scares me to death, but when I asked our pediatrician about it, he said that part of the reason is that his body was sending the wrong signals to his nose area and that meant more blood flow which shrinks the air passages. Of course, that didn't really give me any guidelines as to when I'll know there's something up there and can attempt extraction...

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I've tried using the bulb syringe to siphon some of the stuffiness out, but it doesn't seem to help very much.