Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Treasures Amid Chaos

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel chucking his cup of strawberry smoothie on the floor.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . visiting Joy's new classroom before she starts preschool on Wednesday. Joy had a great time meeting her teacher, decorating part of a bulletin board, and going on a treasure hunt to find different places around her classroom.

. . . Phillip giving Joy a priesthood blessing this evening in preparation for the new school year. Before he offered the blessing he took a minute to talk with her about it. I think his loving, reverent manner taught her more than words could what a sacred privilege it is to receive a priesthood blessing.

And another thing . . .

. . . this morning really drove home the fact that my life has suddenly become a lot more complicated. I had to wake Anna up early to get to the preschool tour in time, and it took a lot of time and effort to get the kids ready, then in and out of the car each time. Once we got home, I struggled to prepare lunch while Joy talked my ear off and the other kids were fussy. The rest of the day was much calmer, and before I know it I'll probably be handling three kids like a veteran circus juggler, but for now I'm reluctant to even take them all out of the house at the same time if I can possibly help it.

No comments: