Thursday, September 29, 2011

Beauty in the Corridor

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . finally getting to the store for a flu shot, only to learn that they had stopped administering it for the day.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . reading books with Daniel.

And another thing . . .

. . . as I approached our front door today, I noticed Anna intently staring upward. I followed her gaze, and noticed that the corridor walls and ceiling were different shades of grey depending on the way the light struck them. It was actually rather picturesque, and it reminded me that there is beauty and wonder everywhere if you just slow down enough to notice it. I have so many, many things to do that I tend to rush around, already thinking about the next task before I've finished the current one. I'm fortunate to have children to remind me to savor the small joys of life.

No comments: