Sunday, September 18, 2011

Waffles and Sniffles

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Anna fussing a lot this evening. She tends to nap a lot during the day, be wide awake in the late afternoon, then go down hard in the evening. She's tired, but even once we get her to sleep she wakes frequently to cry some more before dropping off again. I wish I knew how to ease that transition for her. I'm sure we'll figure it out sooner or later, but in the meantime, it's rough going for all parties.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . making waffles for my family. It feels good to be cooking again.

. . . chatting at the annual ward barbecue.

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

I'm certain you know more about child-rearing than I do, but one thing that sometimes works for Liam (who also tends to be fussy in the evening, just before "bedtime") is to swaddle him and take him outside for a walk in the fresh air. Not sure if that would help, but it may be worth a shot. Good luck! I'm sure it must be exhausting with two extra little ones to take care of.