Thursday, May 5, 2011

Anger, Fear, Pestering--The Dark Side Are They

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy's little plate smashing on the kitchen floor when she accidentally dropped it after dinner (leaving just two salad plates intact of the original twelve). At least I didn't have to wash it later.

. . . Joy being in "perpetual pester mode" with Daniel all day. Tonight when I finally sent her to her room Daniel followed right after her (it's his room, too, and he can't resist opening a closed door). At first I objected, but then I realized if she started bugging him again he'd leave and she couldn't follow, so I just let him go in. Ironically, they got along better after that.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . finding a few nice shirts at a the maternity store while my dear husband watched the kids. Since I've now sidelined nearly all of my normal clothes for the next few months, and most of my maternity clothes wore out their welcome two or even four years ago, it's nice to have a few new additions to add some welcome variety.

And another thing . . .

. . . Happy Star Wars Day. May the Fourth be with you.

. . . I love nearly everything about Trader Joe's. I love their friendly staff, their good prices (on most things), their varied clientele (which ranges from hippies to yuppies), their sample counter, and even the groovy oldies they play over their sound system. My only gripe about them has been their frozen entrees. With the possible exception of their pizzas, every one of their frozen meals I've microwaved has been forgettable if not outright lousy.

That is, until the kids and I discovered their Mac 'n Cheese at the sample counter recently. We've bought it twice since, and I've given up looking for a good mac 'n cheese recipe because this stuff is so easy and much tastier than anything I've yet produced. Sometimes it really is better to leave things to the professionals.

No comments: