Saturday, May 14, 2011

Best of Times and Worst of Times

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Daniel throwing his cup of blackberry smoothie in such a way that it splattered everywhere. Not for the first or last time, I reflected that the owners probably put brown carpet in before we moved in because they knew we had little kids.

. . . I was having a rough, stressful evening and Phillip was away at his second choir concert, so after the kids went to bed I decided to read some more of The Giver to lift my spirits. Reading about Jonas's new memories and wisdom has made me appreciate the richness of my own life more. Unfortunately, a few pages after I started reading tonight, I got to the part where one of the baby twins was released. I had guessed the substance of what would happen long before, but reading about it in detail was horrible, and it haunted me for the rest of the evening. It was not what I needed tonight at all.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . going to the temple with other women in my ward. The temple is always uplifting, and on the drive it was nice to talk about everything from missions to solar cooking to the challenges of raising kids in a world full of electronic games and gizmos.

. . . Joy giving me a kiss on the cheek while we were playing, then Daniel reaching for me so he could kiss me, too.

No comments: