Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Solar Cornbread

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . a bunch of small, cumulative frustrations, culminating with my kids dumping a big box of Cheerios all over the floor while I was trying to make lunch. You would think roaring like Luke Skywalker when he's being zapped by the Emperor at the end of Return of the Jedi would be cathartic, but it really wasn't, and it left my throat kind of sore. Good thing we had a cold smoothie with lunch.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching Joy push Daniel along in a toy car at the park. It always warms my heart when they play together and help each other out.

. . . baking some really good cornbread in my solar oven. It was my first attempt at solar baking, and I was a little intimidated because the temperature is lower than most recipes call for, and it can vary somewhat. I placed the cornbread in the solar oven with a prayer in my heart, and I was very pleased with the result. What to try next--solar bread, cake, or cookies? Pizza, anyone?

Btw, if you'd like a play-by-play of today's solar adventure, I posted pictures and commentary on our family blog.

No comments: