Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dejunking with Billy

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . arriving home this morning, knocking on the door, and hearing little Daniel gleefully run to answer it.

. . . having lots of free time to just Get Stuff Done (Phillip took the kids up to my parents' cabin this afternoon). Most of all I wanted to sort through a bunch of clutter around our home, and though I've been looking forward to tackling this for weeks, it was such a big task that I almost couldn't bring myself to start it. Finally, I did the one thing that is almost guaranteed to put me the mood to work: I opened my favorite playlist and started Billy Joel's "A Matter of Trust." The opening bars just have a "Let's DO This Thang!" vibe to them, and they instantly got me off and running.

And another thing . . .

. . . I attended the temple this morning with a couple friends. We went so early that I spent most of the session half-asleep, but whenever I thought about the ancestor I was performing the ordinance for, I had the distinct feeling that she was glad I had come.

. . . since I just can't seem to make myself stop working or writing on the computer at a decent hour, I asked my techie husband to set our computer to lock down at 11pm. Hopefully that will help me finally get a full night's sleep on a regular basis.

We also set up the computer to block websites with undesirable content, but this afternoon I discovered that it wouldn't let me access any blogs. Not even my own. We fixed that snag right away.

No comments: