Monday, May 23, 2011

Define "Talk" and "Vacation"

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy giving a talk in Primary today. Granted, she was repeating what Daddy read to her from the talk she could say from memory on the way to church, but that's a step forward from last time when she got total stage fright and asked me to just read the whole thing myself while she stood next to me.

. . . hearing that a ward member's daughter has been called to the same country where I served my mission ten years ago (it sure makes me feel old to say that). When the mother announced that good news, I couldn't resist yelling "Woo hoo!" in the middle of Relief Society. I probably should have been a bit more reverent, but I was so excited to hear of another missionary going to the land I love.

. . . our home teacher coming to visit this afternoon. He's such a caring, unassuming, genuinely good guy; we love having him in our home.

And another thing . . .

. . . for my Mother's Day present, Phillip is planning to take the kids up to Papa's cabin for a weekend. When I mentioned to my newlywed sister that I plan to spend most of that weekend tidying up my cluttered home, she looked at me like I was crazy. I would have done the same before I became a parent. Now that I have young children and it can be hard to carve out time for big, nagging tasks, I've come to really appreciate opportunities to just roll up my sleeves and plow through a project until it's done.

No comments: