Thursday, May 12, 2011

Giving Blood and Reading The Giver

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . a standard blood test for gestational diabetes. Medical needles don’t utterly unnerve me the way they once did, but they still inspire a certain anxiety and I hate the feeling of something sharp being jabbed into my arm.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . reading The Giver, which countless people have told me they found very thought-provoking when they were young. I somehow never read it as a teenager, but I find it captivating now. I’m already halfway through it, and I’m intrigued to see how the story will unfold.

. . . experimenting with a chocolate cookie recipe. I tried about seven different chip combinations to see which I like best. The mint chips and the semisweet-white combination are the two winners in my book. Not sure I'll hang on to the actual cookie recipe, though--it spread like crazy and wasn't as soft as I'd hoped.

. . . watching my kids play.

. . . hugging my husband when he got home.

And another thing . . .

. . . anyone looking to buy an electric and/or hand-crank grain grinder? I'm selling one of each.

No comments: