Sunday, May 8, 2011

Old Friends and Lots of Sweets

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . eating a week's worth of sweets at my sister's reception. Bleh.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . giving an elderly sister a ride to and from a church activity today. I worried we'd have trouble thinking of things to talk about, but she had a great time telling me all about her family and friends, and I had a great time listening.

. . . catching up with old family friends at the reception. There is something special about seeing people who make your face light up even though you haven't seen each other for years.

And another thing . . .

. . . both my kids were quiet and well-behaved during the ring ceremony--Joy because she was content on Papa's lap, and Daniel because we were feeding him pillow mints. I grossly underestimated his rate of consumption, though, and halfway through the ceremony I had to squeeze past Uncle Nile and sprint to the nearest table for another fistful of mints to keep Daniel from getting fussy.

No comments: